Flexible Spending Account (FLEX)
FLEXIBLE Spending Account Facts
- The FLEX account is a campus debit account. It is separate from your student account in Banner, the dining/meal plan accounts, and the print account.
- The VSU 1Card and its associated accounts/privileges may only be used by the person whose photo, name, and VSU identification number appear on the card. An individual's VSU 1Card will be confiscated and all associated privileges suspended if anyone other than the cardholder presents the card for use. *Cards confiscated by VSU employees or contractors (for any reason) should be returned to the 1Card office. Please use the "Confiscated Card" form when sending the card to 1Card.
- If you attempt to transfer excess financial aid to your FLEX account and have insufficient funds, a returned check, or a denied credit/debit card transaction, a hold will be placed on your student account in Banner (this hold may result in dropped classes, and you will be responsible for repayment of any goods/services received).
- Contact the VSU Bookstore at (229) 333-5666 for questions regarding its use of the VSU FLEX account.
- VSU reserves the right to make appropriate adjustments/corrections to the amounts assigned to the FLEX account.
Add Money to Your FLEX Account
- Add funds online by using the VSU 1Card Online Card Office. All major credit cards accepted, except American Express.
- Add funds via cash or check at the VSU 1Card Services office (no starter or counter checks).
- Add funds by depositing cash at one of the Value Transfer Stations (VTS) located in the Student Union and Odum Library.
Instructions for Transferring Excess Financial Aid Funds to FLEX
How to transfer funds
- Subtract matriculation and all other mandatory fees from the financial aid awarded to you; this should allow you to determine whether excess funds are available. If you do have excess funds, use the following steps to submit a transfer request:
- Access your Banner account via MyVSU
- Click on "Select FLEX Transfer Request" link on the Student Main Menu
- Confirm that the current term is listed before proceeding
- Enter amount to transfer to FLEX (whole dollar amount, do not use ‘$’ or ‘.’)
- Click "Submit FLEX Request"
- Confirm Request Amount
- Access your Banner account via MyVSU
- DO NOT use a mobile device (phone or tablet) to make transfers and DO NOT click "submit" more than once (may cause multiple transfers to go through).
- Always check the dates you may deposit excess financial aid to FLEX, as these dates change each semester (published on the VSU 1Card website's welcome page).
- If you receive a late financial aid award after the FLEX link is deactivated in Banner and have confirmed that excess is available to transfer (after all mandatory tuition/fees have been paid), please contact the VSU Bursary via the following form: Post-Deadline FLEX Transfer Request
- Any class or fee changes will affect the results (matriculation, meal plans, housing, parking decals/fines, lab fees, etc. are automatically deducted first- no exceptions).
- If you do not have excess funds in your student account in Banner, please do not attempt to add funds to your FLEX account. You will have to deposit funds into FLEX with a credit card (online), check or cash. If you attempt to transfer funds that are not available, it will result in a hold on your student account and your classes may be dropped.
- If you do have excess funds in your student account, designate the desired available amount and follow the instructions in Banner.
- Wait at least 30 minutes for your funds to be available for use; longer delays are normal during the first week of each semester.
- Confirmations of FLEX account funds, account balance inquiries, transaction history and card suspension must be done via the Online Card Office or in-person.